You’re going to be hearing a lot about the “City Deal” in the coming months, but what is it?
The Cardiff Capital Region City Deal is a £1.28 billion programme which will achieve a 5 per cent uplift in the region’s GVA by delivering a range of programmes which will increase connectivity, improve physical and digital infrastructure, as well as regional business governance.
Maybe a video will do a better job…
What does the BBC say?
What about Wales Online?
The report outlines that the City of Cardiff Council is committed to delivering a significant number of facilities and attractions including:
- A new 15,000 seat indoor arena;
- Improved city centre open spaces;
- The redevelopment of Cardiff Central Station;
- Stronger connections between the city centre and Cardiff Bay; and
- A range of improvements to bus, car, cycle and pedestrian networks.
What will the deal mean for residents of Cardiff North? Better transport? More job opportunities? It’s going to be interesting.