We’ve invited all the local election candidates to complete this questionnaire so you know more about the people asking for your vote on the 4th of May. We’re also compiling a list of their websites and social media accounts so you can follow them and get in touch if you have any questions.Follow @mycardiffnorth
Name – Masudah Ali
Party – Labour
Ward – Llanishen
Website – welshlabour.wales
Twitter – @Masudah_Ali
Facebook – llanishenlabour17
How can people get in touch with you? – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us about yourself
I was born and brought up in Cardiff North. Law Student at Cardiff University and Ex-Llanishen High School Pupil and went to Ton-Yr-Ywen Primary School. I joined the Labour Party when I was 14, ever since I have been involved with campaigns, elections and working with Julie Morgan, Assembly Member for Cardiff North during my summer holidays. I am an avid supporter of lowering the voting age to 16 as issues which affects young people are not high enough in the political agenda.
What are the biggest issues in your ward?
- Restoring Llanishen Reservoir & securing the return of sailing and leisure activities for the community with new owners Dwr Cymru/Welsh Water.
- Secure the future of the local Police Station and Library in Llanishen and Thornhill by creating a new Community Hub in the Police Station building.
- Raising school standards even further.
- Better transport links, including walking, cycling and local bus services.
- Improving local parks and neighbourhood shopping centres, such as Fishguard Road and Llangranog Road in Llanishen
What’s your favourite place in Cardiff and why?
Cardiff Bay Barrage! Best tourist attraction and unique to our city!!
What do you think should be done to improve engagement in politics?
Voting should be extended to 16 & 17 year olds!! The current proposals from Welsh Government will help engage young voters and place their issues in the political agenda.
Also, using social media to connect with local residents.
What’s your favourite film?
Bridget Jones’s Baby.
If You’re Elected
What will you do to improve your ward?
- Campaign to restore Llanishen Reservoir and bring back sailing and other leisure activities.
- Work to ensure our schools continue to improve.
- Work to improve our local shopping centres and open spaces.
- Support a new Llanishen library and community hub.
- Hold regular Councillor surgeries.
How will you communicate with residents in your ward?
- Hold regular surgeries in Llanishen and Thornhill
- Via Facebook and Twitter.
- Produce regular newsletters.
- PACT Meetings.
What issues that affect the whole city would you like to get involved in?
I’d like to be involved with Cardiff’s City Deal, the £1.2 billion investment is an amazing opportunity for the growth of our City, unlocking a fantastic new partnership between the 10 councils in South East Wales to work on projects such as improving regional transport.
What would you change about Cardiff and why?
Improve the transport system.
Any final comments?
I hope you will consider voting for your Llanishen and Thornhill Labour team on Thursday 4th May!