We’ve invited all the local election candidates to complete this questionnaire so you know more about the people asking for your vote on the 4th of May. We’re also compiling a list of their websites and social media accounts so you can follow them and get in touch if you have any questions.Follow @mycardiffnorth
Name – Stephen Lake
Party – Plaid Cymru
Ward – Rhiwbina
Twitter – @steffanllyn
Facebook – Plaid Cymru Gogledd Caerdydd / Cardiff North
How can people get in touch with you? – email@example.com
Tell us about yourself
I’m a software engineer who’s lived in Cardiff most of my life. I believe greater efforts are required to improve social justice, with a more equitable spread of wealth across regions, social classes and generations. I’m also very concerned at the degradation of our environment and would like to see more sustainable development given greater priority.
What are the biggest issues in your ward?
What’s your favourite place in Cardiff and why?
Bute Park: I cycle through it on my way to work and I love the way it changes through the seasons.
What do you think should be done to improve engagement in politics?
- A fairer voting system.
- A reduction in the voting age.
- Timely publication (on easily-accessible web sites) of the voting records of all publicly elected representatives; all financial dealings with external bodies; and all planning decisions.
What’s your favourite film?
If You’re Elected
What will you do to improve your ward?
Protect green spaces by revoking and reforming the Local Development Plan; promote green, sustainable transport to reduce traffic congestion and pollution; improve transparency of council decision-making and financial dealings; ensure that recycling is made easier for all residents with local, accessible recycling centres.
How will you communicate with residents in your ward?
I will publicise my activities via web site, Twitter feed and quarterly leaflets delivered to all electors in the ward.
What issues that affect the whole city would you like to get involved in?
Traffic congestion and sustainable infrastructure; housing to reflect local needs; and environmental improvement.
What would you change about Cardiff and why?
- Transparency of the way the council operates: too many questionable land deals and re-classifications have occurred under the present administration.
- Traffic congestion and pollution need to be tackled to improve everyone’s health and quality of life.
- The rise in homelessness in the city must be tackled by ensuring development is appropriate to local needs and not just private profit.
Any final comments?
Non submitted (Editor)