Everyone in Wales is represented by one Constituency Member and four Regional Members.
The Constituency Members are chosen by the first-past-the-post system. The candidate with most votes is then elected.
The following constituency candidates have been announced:
- Julie Morgan (Labour)
- Jayne Cowan (Conservative)
- Elin Walker Jones (Plaid Cymru)
- Chris von Ruhland (Green Party)
- Fiona Burt (Independent)
- John Dixon (Liberal Democrats)
- Haydn Rushworth (UKIP)
Regional Members are elected by Proportional Representation. You choose from a list of party or independent candidates to represent your region.
The official regional lists are published by Cardiff Council.
Here are links to some of the smaller parties on the regional list:
- Abolish the Welsh Assembly
- Freedom to Choose
- The Official Monster Raving Loony Party
- Welsh Communist Party
- Welsh Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition
- Women’s Equality Party
There is also an independent candidate on the regional list: